Tim A. Johnson is a second-generation arborist and started his career in 1961 with his father’s tree care firm.
Tim has a Bachelor of Science degree in Ornamental Horticulture from California Polytechnic State University – San Luis Obispo, California.
Experienced in all aspects of Tree Health Management throughout the United States and overseas, he eventually founded Artistic Arborist, Inc., in Phoenix in 1978.
Tim has been a featured speaker and provided training in numerous regional, national, and international seminars and workshops. He has volunteered for many local and national trade and professional organizations, including:
- Past-Chairman of the Board of the Tree Care Industry Association (formerly National Arborist Assoc.)
- Past-President of the American Society of Consulting Arborists
- Past-Chairman of ASC A300 (Accredited Standards Committee), developing/revising ANSI A300 Tree Management Standards (1991-2011)
- Registered Consulting Arborist #360
- ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified
- Certified Arborist #WE-1658A
- In February 2009, Tree Care Industry Association honored Tim with the profession’s most prestigious recognition, the Award of Merit.